Here are some of my favorites of the stories I’ve worked on throughout the years, divided into topic categories. Click on any of the images to enlarge. I hope you enjoy!
Health and Medicine
This article that ran in the journal Nature looks at why some people get very sick when exposed to the flu virus while others don’t.
This article that ran on MSN right around Halloween discusses some of the psychology behind why we seek out scary experiences.
Click to read a story I wrote on Integrated Pest Management (a more natural type of pest control) for South Coast Magazine.
- A School on the Move–Literally covers a new and very different school in the Massachusetts city of Lawrence, a community where the schools were doing so poorly that they were placed in receivership in 2012. In this new school, Spark Academy, students get about two hours of gym. The story ran in the magazine of Harvard’s Graduate School of Education.
- Together Again: IEP Alums Gather at Global Education Conference covers the first annual conference for graduates of the Harvard Graduate School of Education International Education Program. The story ran in the magazine of Harvard’s Graduate School of Education.
E-newsletters, press releases, etc.
- A newsletter I wrote and distributed for the Foundation for Art and Health (FAH)
- An e-newsletter I wrote for Harvard Medical School’s publication division, called HEALTHbeat.
- A press release for the Special Health Report Hands, which resulted in coverage in the USA Weekend and other publications.
- Check out this blurb on bird flu, which I wrote for a phone app: Spring H1N1.
Some fun stuff
I got to chat with a member of the band Gaelic Storm for South Coast Magazine. (Flip to page 47 if the link doesn’t open there.)